“Al has a fine voice, is charismatic, compelling to watch and her relaxed rapport with children keeps them giggling”
I have been writing children songs and playing music in schools for about 10 years now. I run singing assemblies in schools around Brighton & Hove, where the children sing songs that I have have written with loads of signs and actions to make them really fun and easy to learn.
I love writing songs for children and draw my inspiration both from the topics that they are studying at school and my 22 years experience of being a playworker. There’s nothing more rewarding than a hall full of 6 year-olds bellowing out my songs with grins all over their faces!
I have been honoured to work on some exciting projects with Glyndebourne Opera House, the Young Offenders Service, Brighton Dome, Brighton and Hove Museum and Art Gallery, Rhythmix children’s music charity, Vocal Force and the national singing organisation ‘Sing Up’. I’ve even had my songs, Creepy Castle and Let’s Harvest included in Sing Up’s nationally distributed schools magazine and added to the song bank. They were so popular Sing Up have commissioned three further songs, What Makes a Family, Living it up in Greece, and The Geography Song!
I have produced 4 Excellent Songs children’s albums, 3 soundtrack CDs; Gorrid the Horrid and the Missing Ingredient – A Pirate Adventure and Three Excellent Little Pigs – A Musical Story as well as 2 books available to buy from the SHOP.
Go Kid Music (GKM) is our new Production Company focusing on Children’s Music. I won a place on Brighton’s ground-breaking Entrepreneurial Spark business accelerator and with their support I’m set to scale and grow GKM to reach a national then global family audience. I even won two #GoDo Awards for being really entrepreneurial – working hard, having the right mindset, and learning and growing – I am very proud.
If you would like to book me for a workshop, assembly or a show please get in touch! If you are like-minded and would like to join our Children’s Music Revolution, we would be glad of your support!
10 fascinating facts about Al:
- I used to have a hedgehog living in my coal bunker in my garden
- We named her Mrs. Brambles, I wrote a song for her. She likes cat food for her dinner
- My favourite colour is purple
- My best dinner is roast chicken…mmm yummy!
- I cannot touch my nose with my tongue, sadly
- When I was little, I was chased across a field by a hungry pony that ate my sausages…!
- My new favourite instrument is the little ukulele
- I taught myself to play the guitar when I was 12
- My hero was The Fonz (who’s my hair hero too)
- I love all kinds of music, and singing is the thing that makes me happiest in the whole wide world!